A tourism and meetings specialist, Alexis has been bringing forth strategic and innovative concepts to the tourism and meetings industry for almost ten years. With strengths in tourism research, community engagement and strategic meetings, Alexis has worked with leading consulting firms, tourism agencies and event firms on thought-provoking industry projects.
At ConnectSeven Alexis is responsible for the research and strategy behind each event and destination development project. Her primary focus is to ensure that innovative tools and technology are being used to provide creative strategies based on industry trends and best practices.
In addition to ConnectSeven, Alexis is the lead tourism strategist with Twenty31 Consulting where she is working on various destination development projects including for the Atlantic Canada Tourism Partnership, Explorers' Edge and Haldimand County.
Previously, Alexis was the Manager of Tourism Development with tourism management consulting firm, InterVISTAS Group, where she was a consultant for the ground-breaking DestinationNEXT – a futures study and interactive framework to help destinations move to the next level.
Alexis has also been the Manager of Business Development with the MCI Group, a global experience management and consulting organisation. Alexis excelled at her position developing strategies to attract group, incentive, convention and business travel. She worked with public and private organisations to develop strategic sales and marketing plans, including developing strategies with DMOs and board members to increase the volume of international conferences and delegates.
Alexis has been involved with a variety of international development projects throughout Africa, China, Colombia, Guatemala and Nepal.
Education, Training & Awards
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Finance and Management Science, Simon Fraser University, 2009
- IATA-Certified Travel Agent
- Professional Convention Management Associations' (PCMA) Top 20 in their Twenties
Committee and Board Positions
- Board Member — Professional Convention Management Association (PCMA), Canada West chapter
- Committee Member — Professional Convention Management Association (PCMA), HQ
- Member - Professional Convention Management Association (PCMA)
- Tourism Instructor – Hanson International College